- New springtime releases for all tastes
- The eternal battle between peat and sherry
- 3 Milan medals… some months later!
- Exciting news for the New Year
- Some special treats for Christmas
- A very smoky Autumn
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2020
- Summer 2020
- Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition 2020
- Awards RWF 2020
- Roma Whisky Festival 2020
- Awards Milano Whisky Festival 2019
- Milano Whisky Festival 2019
- Time again for a good dram
- Summer 2019 News
- Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition 2019
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2018
- Roman Gold
- Whiskyfun says NINETY!
- Rome Whisky Festival 2019
- Two medals at MWF 2018: Golden Tradition
- Milano Whisky Festival 2018
- Rome Whisky Festival 2018
- Two Medals at Milano Whisky Festival 2017
- malt maniacs award 2016
- Whisky Live Shanghai 2016
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2015
- Two medals at whisky festival 2015
- 2015 Milan Whisky Festival & Fine Rum show
- Whisky Show 2015
- WhiskyL! Shanghai 2015
- House Malt 06-15
- New packaging for the "Twenties & older" series
- Whisky Live Shanghai
- Paris Whisky Live
NON PLUS ULTRA
Fifteen years since their first edition, the Malt Maniacs Awards still have a very devoted following: sure, many other whisky blogs and competitions have been born in the meanwhile, but the trust into the groundbreaking panel of international tasters called the Malt Maniacs remains strong. How not to take in deep regard a competition which takes almost 5 months, and which dares to tackle something like almost 200 different whisky bottlings, all tasted and re-tasted completely blindly and independently by each expert to avoid influencing each other?
The results for MMA2018 have just been announced, and once again Wilson & Morgan was extremely successful.
The Ledaig 12yo 2005 - 2018 “Sherry Finish Oloroso” 57% Casks #8000073-74 won the prestigious “Non Plus Ultra Award” in the Daily Dram category (price up to about 60 EUR). In other words, it was the whisky which obtained the highest score from the nine jurors in its price category, and considering the strength of the competition this sure is an honour for us!
Wilson & Morgan also fared well with the two other entries: Bunnahabhain 15yo 2002 - 2018 “Marsala Finish” 53.1% Casks #3061 – 62 and Glen Grant 25yo 1992 - 2018 “Sherry Finish Oloroso” 51%, Casks #130818/19, which were both awarded a silver medal.
Bunnahabhain 15yo “Marsala Finish” 53.1% Casks #3061 – 62
Glen Grant 25yo “Sherry Finish Oloroso” 51%, Casks #130818/19
We have lost count of how many times we have won medals and prizes from the Malt Maniacs, but it’s always a pleasure for us: thanks again for loving our malts and telling the world how great they are!