- 100 U.K. Proof: A Taste of History
- The whisky Olympics
- New springtime releases for all tastes
- The eternal battle between peat and sherry
- 3 Milan medals… some months later!
- Exciting news for the New Year
- Some special treats for Christmas
- A very smoky Autumn
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2020
- Summer 2020
- Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition 2020
- Awards RWF 2020
- Roma Whisky Festival 2020
- Awards Milano Whisky Festival 2019
- Milano Whisky Festival 2019
- Time again for a good dram
- Summer 2019 News
- Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition 2019
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2018
- Roman Gold
- Whiskyfun says NINETY!
- Rome Whisky Festival 2019
- Two medals at MWF 2018: Golden Tradition
- Milano Whisky Festival 2018
- Rome Whisky Festival 2018
- Two Medals at Milano Whisky Festival 2017
- malt maniacs award 2016
- Whisky Live Shanghai 2016
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2015
- Two medals at whisky festival 2015
- 2015 Milan Whisky Festival & Fine Rum show
- Whisky Show 2015
- WhiskyL! Shanghai 2015
- House Malt 06-15
- New packaging for the "Twenties & older" series
- Whisky Live Shanghai
- Paris Whisky Live
The Malt Maniacs Awards 2020 have announced their winners!
Any long-time whisky connoisseur knows the Malt Maniacs Awards: one of the oldest independent competitions, and certainly the first to be organized on a worldwide scale by a group of knowledgeable non-pros who have strongly shaped public opinion with their ratings in the past 17 years.
Times change, jurors change, and rules slightly change too, but the MMAs are always eagerly awaited. The 2019/2020 edition has been troubled by logistic problems aggravated by world situation, but finally the results have arrived and they are on a high note for Wilson & Morgan!
Our Macduff 2006/2019 (57.1%, Butt#900006, 100 UK Proof) has won both a Gold Medal and the award for Best sherried whisky (Scotland)! After the enthusiasm at Milan Whisky Festival last autumn, it’s a confirmation of love for a unique bottling with a huge sherry influence.
Our two other bottlings have shined too, with a Silver Medal each:
Westport 15yo 2004/2019 (57.9%, Cask#900050) – an elegant and fruity blended malt from the Highlands
Glen Elgin 30yo 1988/2019 (51.1%, Cask#4319) – the rounded, soft, honeyed, ethereal and fragrant Speysider which had already won a Gold Medal in Milan.
There are no plans yet for the next edition of the Malt Maniacs Awards, but of course we at Wilson & Morgan are joining all the fans in the hope that the tradition continues.
Thanks to the Malt Maniacs for their excellent work!