- New springtime releases for all tastes
- The eternal battle between peat and sherry
- 3 Milan medals… some months later!
- Exciting news for the New Year
- Some special treats for Christmas
- A very smoky Autumn
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2020
- Summer 2020
- Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition 2020
- Awards RWF 2020
- Roma Whisky Festival 2020
- Awards Milano Whisky Festival 2019
- Milano Whisky Festival 2019
- Time again for a good dram
- Summer 2019 News
- Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition 2019
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2018
- Roman Gold
- Whiskyfun says NINETY!
- Rome Whisky Festival 2019
- Two medals at MWF 2018: Golden Tradition
- Milano Whisky Festival 2018
- Rome Whisky Festival 2018
- Two Medals at Milano Whisky Festival 2017
- malt maniacs award 2016
- Whisky Live Shanghai 2016
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2015
- Two medals at whisky festival 2015
- 2015 Milan Whisky Festival & Fine Rum show
- Whisky Show 2015
- WhiskyL! Shanghai 2015
- House Malt 06-15
- New packaging for the "Twenties & older" series
- Whisky Live Shanghai
- Paris Whisky Live
Some exciting new releases for the new year
Not known for resting on our laurels, we at Wilson & Morgan have been working steadily in the last months to begin the new year with some exciting new releases. Everybody likes our core range, and we often have some recurring “classics”, bottlings from certain distilleries that we love and which we often select, giving some sort of continuity to the line-up.
For starting 2021, though, we have played a bit with some variations, introducing innovations and trying to expand our core range a little bit further…
The biggest of our innovations comes from our experiments with Virgin Oak, casks made of new wood, which has a unique quality: it imparts a very marked character to the whisky in a relatively short time. A buttery character, an extra layer of sweetness and tannins, a special fullness of body.
One of the first of these experiments is W&M352 Caol Ila 12yo “Quercus Alba” 2008-20 54.5%, assembled from a vatting of two ex-bourbon casks with a Virgin American Oak cask: the result strikes a particularly fine balance between the classic Caol Ila style (peaty, salty, fresh) and a richer and creamier one. It’s bolder and fuller than our usual Caol Ilas!
|This isn’t the only innovation, though:
W&M348 Haddock 2007-20 "Sherry Finish" Light Peat 46% sees the return of our “mystery malt”, but in a new version. This time it’s a blended malt assembled from several Scottish distilleries, with a careful recipe to make it only lightly peated, particularly gentle for those who like only a little bit of smokiness. The marriage of the different malts was made in Oloroso casks to give it an extra layer of fruit and elegance, too.
Explore the new exciting releases from Wilson & Morgan, a great way to start 2021!