- The eternal battle between peat and sherry
- 3 Milan medals… some months later!
- Exciting news for the New Year
- Some special treats for Christmas
- A very smoky Autumn
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2020
- Summer 2020
- Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition 2020
- Awards RWF 2020
- Roma Whisky Festival 2020
- Awards Milano Whisky Festival 2019
- Milano Whisky Festival 2019
- Time again for a good dram
- Summer 2019 News
- Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition 2019
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2018
- Roman Gold
- Whiskyfun says NINETY!
- Rome Whisky Festival 2019
- Two medals at MWF 2018: Golden Tradition
- Milano Whisky Festival 2018
- Rome Whisky Festival 2018
- Two Medals at Milano Whisky Festival 2017
- malt maniacs award 2016
- Whisky Live Shanghai 2016
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2015
- Two medals at whisky festival 2015
- 2015 Milan Whisky Festival & Fine Rum show
- Whisky Show 2015
- WhiskyL! Shanghai 2015
- House Malt 06-15
- New packaging for the "Twenties & older" series
- Whisky Live Shanghai
- Paris Whisky Live
Roma Whisky Festival, at its eight edition, was hosted in the suggestive location of Salone delle Fontane in Rome, among the futuristic white and square architectures of the EUR quarter. In spite of the sunny weather of the weekend of March 2nd-3rd, many Romans (and not only them, since many visitors came from other regions or from abroad) chose not to spend time in the open air but to come and taste some of the best whiskies in the world: more than 4000 attendances this year!
Like any important whisky festival, Roma Whisky Festival has a competition to proclaim the best bottlings of the year. We are used to winning medals and prizes, but it’s a great pleasure for us winning one in Rome, especially in this edition which we attended in full forces (for the first time, with a masterclass led by not one but two of our experts!).
Our winning bottling, gold medal in the “Single Cask” category, was the fantastic Glen Grant 25yo 1993-18 "Sherry Finish Oloroso" #121913 54.3% in decanter, the evolution of the similar Glen Grant that had already won gold some months ago in Milan: this new version is even more of a sherry bomb, since the initial maturation in second fill oak has been followed by 6 years of finishing in a fresh Oloroso cask. A very extreme style of whisky, fruity and ultra-rich, that brings to our memory some historical bottlings of 30-40 years ago.
Thanks, Rome, we will be back to you next year!