- The eternal battle between peat and sherry
- 3 Milan medals… some months later!
- Exciting news for the New Year
- Some special treats for Christmas
- A very smoky Autumn
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2020
- Summer 2020
- Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition 2020
- Awards RWF 2020
- Roma Whisky Festival 2020
- Awards Milano Whisky Festival 2019
- Milano Whisky Festival 2019
- Time again for a good dram
- Summer 2019 News
- Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition 2019
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2018
- Roman Gold
- Whiskyfun says NINETY!
- Rome Whisky Festival 2019
- Two medals at MWF 2018: Golden Tradition
- Milano Whisky Festival 2018
- Rome Whisky Festival 2018
- Two Medals at Milano Whisky Festival 2017
- malt maniacs award 2016
- Whisky Live Shanghai 2016
- Malt Maniacs Awards 2015
- Two medals at whisky festival 2015
- 2015 Milan Whisky Festival & Fine Rum show
- Whisky Show 2015
- WhiskyL! Shanghai 2015
- House Malt 06-15
- New packaging for the "Twenties & older" series
- Whisky Live Shanghai
- Paris Whisky Live
More medals from Japan!
Two things can be said about the Japanese: that they never give up even when facing adversity, and that they have a long-time fondness for quality spirits. Knowing this, it doesn’t come as a surprise that the international situation of the last months didn’t discourage our friends of the Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition from their heroic attempt at tasting and rating some of the most important bottlings in the world.
While last year’s edition was held publicly in the trendy Shibuya area of Tokyo, this time all the 37 judges – divided in several categories according to type of spirit (whisky, rum, etc) - received samples at home as a health precaution (and a further guarantee of truly blind tasting). The “Western Spirits” category saw 427 entries, and more than 2000 samples were hand filled and shipped!
The Tokyo Whisky & Spirits Competition is quite severe, and a medal is not necessarily awarded to all entries. This makes us proud of the two medals awarded to Wilson & Morgan (after the two we had already won last year):
BRONZE MEDAL for Bunnahabhain 2009-19 48% "1st Fill Sherry Wood" W&M298
BRONZE MEDAL for Westport 15yo 2004-19 57.8% "Sherry Wood" W&M305
Wilson & Morgan has always been one of the niche whisky bottlers appreciated by Japanese connoisseurs, and we are very happy of this continuing trend!