Treviso Whisky Week: Masterclass Details
As we anticipated last month, Wilson & Morgan will be at Whisky Week Treviso on October 23rd-24th… our first live event after so many months of isolation. And now we can give you more details about our very special masterclass, too!
Our brand ambassador Luca Chichizola will be glad to take you on a trip with five of our most recent bottlings, explaining how they were born and the detailed history behind each of them:
- Ben Nevis 2013-21 "Sherry Wood" 46,0%: to show how even a young single malt, when matured in a sherry cask, can be lively, fruity and perfectly mature
- Glen Elgin 2008-21 "Virgin Oak" 46,0%: another example of our balanced use of Virgin Oak casks, to add body, velvety sweetness and complexity to a classic Speyside malt
- Caol Ila 25yo 1995-21 "Sherry Wood" half of #10024 59,5%: the other side of the medal, a very old Caol Ila from our Special Release series, that was matured entirely in a sherry butt. A rare occasion to taste the mystical and explosive interaction between peat and sherry.
- Linkwood 14yo "Sherry F. Oloroso" #804061 58,3%: a very full bodied whisky from Speyside, enhanced by a finish in a carefully chosen sherry cask
- Caol Ila 14yo "1st Fill Bourbon Hogshead Finish" #311598 57,7%: a very classically styled Caol Ila, extremely smoky and at cask strength to leave its power intact.
The masterclass will be held on Saturday 23rd at 15:45: booking in advance is mandatory, and seats are limited.